All users are able to customize their preferences via Special:Preferences to best suit their experience for the Square Enix Wiki.
- Real name: This may be used to give you attribution for your work. Other users of the wiki will not see this! It probably won't be used for anything, as most wikis will credit you by your username.
- E-mail address: Your preferred email address. It is strongly recommended that you give an email address you use and are likely to have for a long time. If you forget your password, this is the only way you can get it sent back to you!
- Change password: Use these fields if you would like to change your password. "Remember across sessions" stores a cookie on your machine so that you do not have to enter your password every time. (If you use a public computer, such as a library or school lab computer, you probably don't want to do this. But if you're using your home computer that no one else uses, it can be convenient.)
- Language: Which language you would like the interface (buttons, system messages) to be in. This can be different from the language that the wiki is in! The articles will stay in whichever language they were originally written in.
- Signature: Allows you to customize the signature that appears when you use ~~~~.
- Email: Check the box if you do not want other logged-in users to be able to contact you via email. (Normally, the "email this user" link, which is on the side of the screen when you look at any user's user page, will allow users to email you without seeing your email address.)
- Skin: Select one of the options to decide how you want the pages to look. Monobook is the default, and there are many things that look or work better on this skin than others. Select the "preview" link by any skin to test it out before selecting it.
- Files: "Image size limit" allows you to choose a size that will fit on your monitor when you click on an image to see the information about it. "Thumbnail size" sets your default size for images tagged to appear as thumbnails.
- Date format: Choose the option that best matches your preferred date format. (Several options, including American and European date formats, are available.)
- Time zone: Specify how many hours your time zone is away from GMT/UTC so that times show in your local time. If you're not sure which one to choose, find your offset from the Wikipedia list.
- Mark all edits minor by default: This option automatically selects the "This is a minor edit" checkbox when you edit pages. If you will be doing a lot of small edits, such as fixing typos or links, rather than writing new material, you may wish to select this option.
- Show preview on first edit: When pressing the edit button or otherwise following a link to an edit page, show not only the edit box but also the rendered page, just like after pressing "Show preview". This is especially useful when viewing a template, because even just viewing, not editing, typically requires both.
- Show preview before edit box: If you select this option, the preview will be displayed above the edit box when you click the "Show preview" button while editing a page.
- Hide minor edits in recent changes: Logged-in users may choose to mark very small fixes to pages as "minor". You may choose not to see these edits in Recent Changes, though they will be visible when viewing your watchlist.